Configuring Microsoft Office 2007 to Work with Older Versions of Office
"I have Microsoft Office 2007 installed on my home computer."
OVERVIEW Separately configure each of the Office 2007 applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, to automatically save files in Microsoft Office 97-2003 format.
The instructions below are for Microsoft Word. Follow the same procedure for Excel and Powerpoint
- Open Office 2007 Word
- Open the Office Button menu
- Access the Word Options button
- Drag the menu bar to the Word Options item labeled Save
- Select the Save Option
- Use the drop-down list labeled Save files in this format and select the option Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)
- Select OK to save the changes
REPEAT FOR OFFICE 2007 EXCEL AND OFFICE 2007 POWERPOINT
Update Office 2007 Excel and Office 2007 Powerpoint by repeating the steps above for each application and selecting the Save file format options as follows:
- EXCEL: Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls)
- POWERPOINT: Powerpoint 97-2003