Connecting a Laptop to Panel and Projector
Laptop Operation (Legacy Classrooms)
- On the Smart Panel, press 'ON' and select Laptop by pressing the button under the laptop label.
- Connect one end of the VGA cable to your laptop/adapter and the other end to the VGA input on the Smart Panel.
- If audio from the laptop is needed, connect an audio cable from your laptop to the audio jack on the Smart Panel. Please ensure that the amplifier is on and the volume level on the smart panel is up.
Toggling from Monitor to Data Projector Setting on a PC’s
Note: If you are getting a Blue Screen and a “No Signal” message, please follow the instructions below:
If you are using a Windows-based laptop:
- Press the 'Windows' key and 'P' simultaneously. After this, select 'Duplicate'.
If you are using a Mac Laptop:
- Please go to 'System Preferences', and choose 'Displays'. After this, click on the 'Arrangement' tab and check the box next to 'Mirror Displays'.
Question: My picture is distorted.
Answer: Try reducing the resolution on your monitor. 1024 x 768 is the maximum recommended for use with our data projectors. If you have a fairly new laptop the default setting may be higher.