Exporting i>clicker Data to BeachBoard
You can export your student's i>clicker points in .CSV (Comma separated value) files. .CSV is a simple file type that can be read by nearly all text editors and spreadsheet and database programs, including Microsoft Excel. You can choose to export the file in a simple "general" format or in a format that is ready to upload directly to BeachBoard
*Note: Each time a file is exported, the same file name (UploadFile.csv) is used. This will overwrite any existing files of the same name from previous exports. To keep multiple export files, simply rename the first file or move it out of your course folder before using the Export option again.
Uploading grades from i>grader into BeachBoard:
- When your i>clicker session is complete, open i>grader. To export data from selected sessions, check the box at the top of each column you want to export, next to the session name or date. Then click Export Selected Sessions as csv file from the main i>grader screen. To export the whole term, click Export All Sessions. The scores will be saved in the course folder within MyCoursePC/MyCourseMac as a file called Uploadfile.csv.
- Log into BeachBoard (and into your course) and click on Grades from your course navigation.
- On the left-hand side under Grades Area, click Enter Grades.
- Click Import Grades.
- Click the Browse button and find the UploadFile.csv file in your main course folder. Select it and click Open. It will appear in the field next to the Browse button.
- Next to Item Creation: select the check box for Create new grade item when an unrecognized item is referenced. Then click Next.
- Select the Create New Grade Itemcheck box beside each of the items you want to create.
- Select a grade item Type.
- Click Next.
- Fill in the grade items’ details. See Creating a grade item for more information.
- Click Next.
- On the next screen view any error and warning messages associated with the import, and click Next.
- Note: Fields with errors are not imported.
- Confirm your changes and click Import. The New Grade Item icon will appear under the new item name.
- You will now be sent back to the Enter Grades area, where the new grades will appear. To add more assignments from the i>grader file, repeat steps 2-10.
To export grade data in the General format:
- In the i>grader window, specify the sessions to include. Do one of the following:
- Select the check box for each session whose data you want to include, then click Export Selected Session(s) as csv (Excel) file.
- To export data from all sessions, click Export All Session(s) as csv (Excel) File.
- Select options for the information you want to include in the report. (You can now export the students' last name, first name, and/or student ID in addition to session scores.)
- Click Export.
A message appears, indicating the report that has been created and saved in your MyCourse folder. The default file name is UploadFile.csv.