About the BeachBoard Course Merge Request
Cross-listed and multiple-sectioned courses in the BeachBoard system can be merged to help instructors save time by giving them the ability to communicate, post content, etc. in one course. Course Merge brings enrollments from one or more sections (“Source” courses) into a “new course". Once merged, students and instructors have access to the "new course” course only.
To request a course merge:
Please fill in the Course Merge Request form to request for the roster of one or more sections to be merged into a new section.
Please note the following:
- The fields marked with a red asterisks (*) symbol is required. Any missing required fields may cause a delay in your request.
- A course merge will not merge course content. It will only merge the course enrollment.
- If an instructor is requesting that their course be merged with another instructor’s course, all instructors involved must send in consent to allow completion of the merge request.
- It may take up to 48 hours to process a course merge.
Steps on how to fill in the form below
The following steps will help you gather and enter the information necessary to complete the form:
Instructor Contact information
- Enter your contact information in the Instructor Contact Information section of the form.
Course Offering Code
- Log into BeachBoard and access one of your courses from My Home > My Courses.
- Click on Edit Course.
- Click on Course Offering Information.
- Copy the Course Offering Code associated with the course shell that you would like to include in the course merge.
- Course Offering Code format: CSULB_2164_LBCMP_COUR_123_SEC01_COUR123SEC01
- In the example below, the Course Offering Code within the Course Offering Information is highlighted within the red lines.
- If you are unable to locate the Course Offering Code, please contact the Technology Help Desk for assistance.
- Provide a title for the new course, for example, “PSY 100 Sections 1-3.”
- This will be the name of the “Target” course.
- Click Submit