BeachBoard Update - July 5, 2012
In order to optimize BeachBoard to its full potential, it will be updated from version 9.1 to version 9.4 on July 5, 2012.
Some NEW features include:
- Users will be able to subscribe to News notifications through email, SMS (text msg), and/or RSS (news feeds). See our Help Pages on Notifications for Instructors and Students for more information.
- News items that have already been read may be dismissed by users in the News widget or on a mobile device. See our Help Pages on News for Instructors and Students for more information.
- A consolidated list of News items from all of a user's courses is now available sorted from newest to oldest on the My Home page.
- Ability for instructors and students to attach up to one minute audio recording directly in Dropbox, Discussions, News, and ePortfolio (requires Flash 10.1 or later).
D2L MOBILE WEB
- Discussion board participation is now included in the mobile version.
- iPad app available for Dropbox called Assignment Grader.
- For instructors, the "leave Feedback" interface has been redesigned to allow instructors to view documents in their browser without having to download them, and to provide grade feedback in the same location.
- Rubrics may now be easily added to Dropbox folders for grading through the Properties tab. See our instructor Help Pages on creating Dropbox folders and Rubrics for more information.
- Rubrics are displayed on the “Leave Feedback” page for instructors to fill out when grading.
- Users can subscribe to receive email or SMS notifications about Dropbox folders with approaching end (due) dates. See our Help Pages on Notifications for Instructors and Students for more information.
iPad App called Assignment Grader available.
- For instructors, when weighting grade items in a category (that are evenly distributed), the point values now effect the weight of the item.
- iCal synching is enabled to sync D2L course events with Outlook, Google calendar, and virtually all mobile devices.
- Calendar may now be used as presentation tool for course content in a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule.
- When the Online Room is created by the instructor, the correct time zone (Pacific) will be displayed and will provide immediate access for the students and instructor to the room (if needed).
For assistance with the updated functionalities, please drop-in to the AcTech Center in AS 120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITSS continues to test the updated functionality for technology support purposes.