Creating a news posting
- Click the
Add button at the top of the News widget on the Course Home page.
- Type the posting headline in the Headline field.
- Type your posting text in the Content field. Use the Basic and Advanced editing tabs to format the text. You can also use the
Spell Check and
Preview icons to check and preview it. To embed a video, please see our Help Page on embedding media content.
- Select the posting availability date (optional) using the Start Date and End Date drop-down lists or by clicking the
Select Date icon beside the drop-down lists. Note: if you set a posting’s start date to a date in the future, the posting will not be visible to users until that date. When the specified date (and time) arrive, users can then see the news posting. For example, if you wanted a news posting to appear first thing Monday morning, you could create it on Friday afternoon and specify a start date of Monday at 9:00 am.
- By default, the date does not appear beside the headline. If you want the date to appear by the headline, select the Show Start Datecheck box.
- If you want to specify a removal date for your news posting, select the Remove News Item based on End Date check box and specify an end date. You and site administrators can still see the posting after this date, but it is hidden from users.
- You can add attachments to your news posting, such as pictures or other files. To add an attachment, click Add a File and then the Browse button, locate your file and click Open. To add more attachments, click the Add button and repeat this step. For details on managing attachments, refer to the Help Page on Managing News Postings.
- To record up to a minute of audio, click Record Audio. This will open a pop-up window where you will record your audio. Click Allow in the Adobe Flash Player Settings to allow BeachBoard to use your microphone (whether external or internal) to record sound. When ready, click the Record button and record your audio clip. Press the same button (now Pause) to pause/stop recording. Press the Play button to listen to your audio clip. You can clear your previous recording by clicking Clear. When finished, click Add in the lower right corner to attach your audio clip to your post.
- Click Publish when finished or Save as Draft to save it as a draft.
Your news posting appears on the Course Home page on the date that you selected. If you selected Show Start Date, the date of the posting appears beside the headline.