Camtasia Studio for Windows and Macintosh
- Camtasia is a powerful, but easy-to-use, screen recording and video editing software that creates professional videos. You can record or input video, edit and customize content, and then share the videos with viewers on nearly any device.
- Useful for both instruction and university business.
Windows and Macintosh OS X
Who can download from Software Depot?
Campus techs, faculty and staff
Software Depot Installation Policy
This software application may be installed on campus computers by authorized campus techs. Faculty and staff may install one copy on a home computer where they have exclusive use. This software may only be used for university business.
Visit TechSmith to learn about its products and features.
Windows System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Microsoft DirectX 9 or later version
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 (included)
- Dual-core processor minimum ~ Recommended: Quad-core processor or better
- 2 GB RAM minimum ~ Recommended: 4 GB or more
- 2 GB of hard-disk space for program installation
- Display dimensions of 1024x768 or greater
- Dedicated Windows-compatible sound card, microphone, and speakers (recommended)
Mac OS X System Requirements
- Mac computer with an Intel processor
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Quartz Extreme support (rendering is not supported on external USB monitors)
- 2GB of RAM
- 4GB of available disk space (minimum)
- QuickTime X or later
- Playback using the Smart Player is supported on Internet Explorer 8+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari 5.1+, iOS 6+, Android 4+ (Chrome for Android Recommended)
The installation of Camtasia is a two-step process:
Step One: Download a Camtasia License Key from the CSULB Software Depot
- Log into the CSULB Software Depot.
- Click on "Start Shopping" and select Camtasia.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and, when you have reached the "Receipt" page, copy the Camtasia License Key.
Step Two: Download the Camtasia installation program from Techsmith
- Go to the TechSmith website.
- Download the Camtasia installation program by clicking on Windows or Mac (look in the lower left corner of the screen where it says Download the Camtasia Installer). Run the Camtasia installation program.
- When the Camtasia installation programs asks if you have a license key or if you want to start a free trial, select the license key option and enter in your Camtasia License Key from step one.
Phone: 1-800-517-3001 from 5 am to 4 pm Pacific time Monday through Friday.
Tweet to @TechSmithHelp
Visit https://support.techsmith.com/home for specific product support, to check the knowledge base, submit a request or check your existing requests.
Contact your division, department or college technologist for assistance with your campus-owned computer.
Please submit questions, problems or suggestions regarding the Techsmith Camtasia license.