SPSS for Windows can be installed on faculty and staff personal computers using a site license authorization code.
Our SPSS license supports only the two most current versions on the Windows platform.
Installing SPSS for Windows will not interfere with prior installations as each product has a unique directory. For on-campus computers, it is recommended that campus techs install SPSS using the SPSS Network License Installation process.
Microsoft® Windows System 7 (32-bit and 64-bit versions) is the minimum OS required to run SPSS.
When you install SPSS, you must have administrator privileges. You must also have an Internet connection to complete the authorization process. When on-campus, wireless users must not only have a connection to the campus network, but you must also log onto the campus with your identification number and password to activate an Internet connection.
1. Right-Click "Setup" and select "Run as Administrator" to begin installation.
2. User Account Control. Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer? Click "Yes".
3. Licensed Materials. Review and Click "Next".
4. Select "Authorized User License" and Click "Next".
5. Software License Agreement. Review and Click "I accept" if you accept the terms of the license agreement. Click "Next".
6. Enter the Customer Information. Enter your User Name (First Last) and Organization (CSULB). Click "Next".
7. Help Language. Select additional languages if needed. Otherwise, click "Next".
8. Select "Yes" if you require the JAWS for Windows screen reading software. Otherwise, select "No" and click "Next".
9. Select "Yes" if you require "Essentials for Python" software. Otherwise, select "No" and click "Next"
10. Destination Folder. Before selecting the default destination folder, click "Available Space".
11. Disk Space Requirements. Review and click "Next".
12. Destination Folder. Click "Next".
13. Ready to Install the Program. Click "Install".
14. License Authorization Process. Click "OK" to start the license authorization process. You will need the authorization code that was provided to you on CSULB Software Depot.
If you missed copying the code during the software download process, you can retrieve the code by 1) logging into CSULB Software Depot, 2) clicking on "Your Account/Orders" link, 3) copying the code from the SPSS receipt link.
15. Product Authorization. Select "License my product now" and click "Next. code.
If you select "Enable for Temporary Usage", you will have access to additional SPSS modules for a period of time. This is important if you need to use a procedure that is not include with our license. At the end of the trial period, you will need to run the SPSS Authorization Wizard to re-activate the software license.
16. Enter Codes. Enter the authorization code here. Click "Next".
17. Internet Authorization Status. At the end of transaction, the message "Successfully processed all codes" will appear. Click "Next".
18. Licensing Completed. Click Finish.
19. Restart your system for the configuration changes mad to IBM SPSS Statistics to take effect.
20. Launch SPSS to confirm installation.
If the Authorization Wizard does not provide you with a "successfully processed" message and SPSS fails when attempting to launch, try the next procedure to authorize your installation of SPSS.
1. Select Start --> Run. Enter "cmd" and click the OK button.
2. At the prompt, if necessary, change the drive to "C:\" and then to the SPSS Directory. Finally, enter the following command: "spssactivator.exe".
3. Enter the Authorization code provided.
4. Type "exit" to return to the Windows interface.
5. Try running SPSS again.
Please submit questions, problems or suggestions [opens new window]
regarding the SPSS license.