SPSS for Macintosh can be installed on faculty and staff personal computers using a site license authorization code. Our SPSS license supports only the two most current versions on the Macintosh platform. Installing SPSS for Macintosh will not interfere with prior installations as each product has a unique directory. For on-campus computers, it is recommended that campus techs install SPSS using the Network License Installation process.
Apple® Mac OS X 10.8 is the minimum Mac OS required to run SPSS.
When you install SPSS, you must have administrator privileges. You must also have an Internet connection to complete the authorization process. When on-campus, wireless users must not only have a connection to the campus network, but you must also log onto the campus with your identification number and password to activate an Internet connection.
1. Launch the downloaded SPSS for Macintosh and click on the SPSS Statistics Installer to begin.
2. User Account Control. SPSS Statistics Installer tries to install a new helper tool. Enter your administrator's name and password when prompted. Click "OK".
3. Select your installation language and click "OK".
4. Licensed Materials. Review and click "Next".
5. License Type. Select "Authorized User License" and Click "Next".
6. License Agreement. Review and agree to the terms by selecting "I accept" if you accept the terms of the license agreement. Click "Next".
7. Customer Information. Enter your User Name (First and Last) and Organization (CSULB). Click "Next".
8. Help Language. Select additional languages if needed. Otherwise, click "Next".
9. Python Essentials. Select "Yes" if you require "Essentials for Python" software. Otherwise, select "No" and click "Next".
10. Choose Install Folder. The default destination folder is recommended. Click "Next".
11. Pre-Installation Summary. Review the disk space information and click "Install".
12. License IBM SPSS Statistics. Check "Register for product updates" if desired. Click "Done" to start the license authorization process. You will need the authorization code that was provided to you on CSULB Software Depot.
13. Product Authorization. Select "License My Product Now" and click "Next".
If you select "Enable for Temporary Usage", you will have access to additional SPSS modules for a period of time. This is important if you need to use a procedure that is not include with our license. At the end of the trial period, you will need to run the SPSS Authorization Wizard to re-activate the software license.
14. Enter Codes. Enter the authorization code here. If you did not copy the code, log into your account on CSULB Software Depot. Click on "Your Account/Orders" link and locate your SPSS software. Click the product link and the authorization code for the current academic year will appear. Save a copy of this code. Copy and paste the code in the field below. Click "Next".
15. Internet Authorization Status. The message "Successfully processed all codes" will appear. Click "Next".
16. Licensing Completed. Click Finish.
17. Restart your system for the configuration changes mad to IBM SPSS Statistics to take effect.
18. Launch SPSS to confirm installation.
Please submit questions, problems or suggestions [opens new window] regarding the SPSS license.