The instructions are for the Windows operating system. There isn't a Macintosh-compatible version, but can be installed on a Mac using a virtual windows operating system. Quit all applications before beginning the installation process. Respondus Equation Editor Setup cannot be run while other applications, especially word processors, are running as they may interfere with Respondus Equation Editor Setup's ability to install fonts. The CSULB support contact is Instructional Technology Support Services. Please contact email@example.com.
Follow the steps below.
1. Launch "Respondus35Campus.exe" to begin the installation. Click Next.
2. Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
3. Choose the destination location. The default location is c:\Program Files\RespondusCampus35. Click Next.
4. Choose the projects folder location. The default location is c:\Respondus Projects. Click Next.
5. When ready, click the Install button.
6. The setup status screen appears as the InstallShield Wizard is installing Respondus 3.5 Campus-Wide.
7. Click "yes" or "no" depending upon whether you would like to install the Respondus Equation Editor. Click "yes" to continue or jump to Step #11.
8. The Respondus Equation Editor Setup screen appears. The default destination folder is c:\Program Files\Respondus Equation Editor. Click OK.
9. If default destination folder, c:\Program Files\Respondus Equation Editor, does not exist, click "yes" to create it.
10. The Installation Complete screen will appear with an opportunity to review the Respondus Equation Editor Read Me file. Click OK.
11. The InstallShield Wizard Complete screen appears. Click Finish.
12. Enter the Institution Name, Local Support Contact and Installation Password provided when downloading the software. Click the License button when ready.
13. The Respondus Newsletter will appear. Either click the Close button or click the "Sign Up for e-Newsletter" button.
14. Choose CMS Personality screen appears. Select the Course Management System "Personality" to work in. CSULB's BeachBoard is running Blackboard 6.3 to 8.x. Click OK.
15. Respondus is now active. Quit Respondus to activate the Respondus Equation Editor.
16. Respondus Equation Editor begins with a warning that there are no fonts assigned to its styles. Respondus Equation Editor will assign fonts to its styles using the fonts available on your computer. Click OK and Respondus Equation Editor is active.
17. Congratulations. Respondus and the Respondus Equation Editor are now installed.
Visit the CSULB Respondus website to learn how to create exams or surveys. The CSULB support contact is Instructional Technology Support Services. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.