Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a font sizeSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font
Resources for Faculty and Staff

Department Matters

This page provides information and forms that are of interest to the members of the department only.

Directed research & thesis forms:

Please fill out these forms (type!) with your advisor/supervisor at the beginning of the semester where you take units in one of the classes. Read carefully the information on the forms!

  • PHYS-698 Thesis: WORD (recommended) or PDF. Revised forms.
  • Supervised independent study course: WORD (recommended) or PDF (PHYS-496 Special Problems, PHYS-691 Directed Study, PHYS-697 Directed Research)
  • PHYS-699 form (PDF).
  • GS 700 form (WORD, PDF).

Advancement to Candidacy forms:

Please fill out the form (type!) to the best of your knowledge (ask your thesis or/and graduate advisor if you do not know which form to choose). Follow the format and instruction of the pdf examples! Then, send the form to the graduate advisor.

Graduation Forms

  • GS 700 Form (WORD, PDF)
  • GS 700 requires the signature of the graduate advisor. This form should only used after discussing the matter with the thesis and graduate advisors.

Absence from class form:

Picture release form for the website:

Travel Forms:

  • Please fill out the Travel Request for when traveling to any event on behalf of the university. The Travel Claim form is to be filled out, upon your return, if you will be getting reimbursed for any expenses incurred during your trip.
  • Travel Request Form
    Travel Claim Form

Thesis Request Form: