- Advisors, People, and Office Hours
- Class Schedule and Course Description
- Undergraduate Programs
- Credential Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Incoming Freshman
- K-12 Contests
- Research, Colloquia, and Stat Consulting (SCG)
- Lindgren Math Tutoring Center
- Resources and Resource Reservation
- Scholarship and Job Seekers
Brief about Taking the Placement Test
- Click here for ALEKS Registration Instruction.
- There is a 48 hour cool off period between two consecutive ALEKS Placement Assessments.
- You need to work on ALEKS Prep and Learning Module at least 5 hours before you can start your next ALEKS Placement Assessment.
- The first three ALEKS Placement Assessments are NOT timed. The 4th ALEKS Placement Assessment is timed for 2 hours and password-protected.
- The password for the 4th assessment is displayed on the ALEKS web page right after you finish your 3rd assessment. It should look like CSULB****.
- Your score on the 4th ALEKS Placement Assessment will be your CSULB Math Placement Test score.
- You should finish the whole ALEKS Math Placement Test at least one week before your SOAR date.
- ALEKS Placement test will be available ONLY in summer for incoming freshmen in the College of Engineering and the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. There will be no make-up test.
What is ALEKS PPL?
ALEKS Placement, Preparation and Learning (ALEKS PPL) is a web-based program that uses artificial intelligence to map a student’s strengths and weaknesses. ALEKS PPL consists of three parts:
- An Initial ALEKS Placement Assessment,
- The Prep and Learning Module, an individualized, self-paced online review,
- Access to 4 additional ALEKS Placement Assessments (the last Assessment is reserved for possible reassessment during the first week of the fall semester).
Each ALEKS Placement Assessment is up to 30 questions and generally takes 60-90 minutes to complete. After each ALEKS Placement Assessment, an individualized Prep and Learning Module is available for students to refresh their knowledge on forgotten topics. Students then have the opportunity to reassess and improve their placement by gradually finishing all the ALEKS Placement Assessments. We strongly encourage students to spend more time on the Prep and Learning Module before take another ALEKS Placement Assessment.