- For Current Students
- For Prospective Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Resources and Facilities
- IHS Kingdom Suite
- Professional Associations
Our Educational Websites and Resource Links
- A Geology Technician's Bookmarks: A Collection of Useful Links for Geologists, Technicians, Educators, and Everyone Else.
- Igneous Rocks Tour: This site introduces you to igneous rocks with text and photographs.
Sedimentary Rocks Tour: This site contains photographs and text for the student studying sedimentary rocks.
- Metamorphic Rocks Tour: This site is designed to introduce you to metamorphic rocks with text and photographs.
- Southern California Bight: This site employees satellite images to inform you about the ocean off the coast of southern California. It is a
collaboration of JPL oceanographers, with some very technical language.
- Southern California Bight (with language modified for non-scientists)
- Mass Wasting: This site uses photographs, diagram, and text to explain the different types of landslides that affect Earth's surface.
- Aerial Photography of Southern California: This site contains thousands of high-quality aerial photographs of southern California suitable for downloading and printing. It is designed for use by educators as well as the general public, and to provide baseline data for future natural disasters and human development in the region.
- Southern California Virtual Geology Field Trips: This site explores the diversity of Southern California's geology. The virtual field trips are an extension of CSU-Long Beach's introductory geology courses.