Department of Geological Sciences
Events and Announcements
- The Third Annual Student Research Poster Session was held on the evening of April 15, in the Hall of Science. Sponsored by the South Coast Geological Society, this event featured posters of research in which students have participated. Awards for excellence were presented to Tesfalidet Kassa, Erick Cano and Ryan Stewart.
- Check out our new introductory video of the Department that you may have seen playing at GSA.
- The Department of Energy Geothermal Technologies Program recently awarded CSULB a $505,000 grant to develop and test new hydraulic testing methods. For more information click here.
- The Grad Day Geology Open House was held on May 19. Academic Excellence awards were presented to Rachelle Turnier, Dan Boyd, Antonio Sandoval and Rane Anderson.
Welcome to The Department of Geological Sciences at California State University Long Beach!
Our program has a proud 50 year tradition of producing some of the best geologists in Southern California. We have a field-based curriculum, world renowned faculty, and are located 10 minutes from the beach, one hour from the mountains and two hours from the desert!
We offer the degrees at the Bachelor's and Master's level. Please look around this website to learn more about us or drop us an email.
Special Graduate Student Announcement
- The new Graduate Advisor is Dr. Lora Stevens (Landon) as of July 1, 2015.
- Dr. Stevens' office is HSCI-306.
Real-life field drilling experiences.
"Who-done-it?" Lining-up the unusual suspects on Easter Island.
Geology graduates - 2015.
Chair: Stan Finney, Stan.Finney@csulb.edu, Hall of Science (HSCI) Room 300, California State University Long Beach, 1250 Bellflower Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90840, Phone: (562) 985-4809,