Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach

This information is for continuing CSULB students only. All other students should go to the College of Continuing and Professional Education CCPE.

Summer Fees and Finances - Details

Financial Aid

Financial aid may be available to continuing CSULB students to assist with summer sessions costs. For the available aid programs, general eligibility requirements and application process see Financial Aid.

Installment Plans

Partial payments are accepted only with an approved installment agreement. Payment Plans are now available on-line at your MyCSULB under the Student Center/Finances/Enroll in Payment Plan. Available Payment plans are determined at sign up, and no down payment is required. A non-refundable $33.00 administrative fee is charged for participation in a Payment Plan, and is included as a part of the first installment payment. Once you enroll in a payment plan, changes to your academic load, subsequent fee increases or new charges may affect the amount of your payments which are not necessarily distributed evenly.

Eligibility Requirements

You do not have a past due balance for a prior term.

First Day to Apply

March 6, 2017

Last Day to Apply online and in person July 6, 2017

The installment plan does not pay fees from a previous term. Please note, if the contract is not reflected on your student account, classes are subject to cancellation. It is the student’s responsibility to check their MyCSULB to ensure payment is accurately reflected. For additional questions, contact Student Account Services at (562) 985-8280.


The University automatically generates summer refunds during the week of August 7, 2017. Continuing CSULB students should sign up for e-refund through their MyCSULB Student Center to receive the refund via direct deposit once it is processed. All credit card refunds will be refunded back to the credit card the initial payment was made with. Please allow 4-6 weeks for all refund processing.

Important: It is YOUR responsibility to drop classes, regardless of the reason, by the deadlines to avoid charges or be eligible for a full or pro-rated refund. Students who do not plan to attend, should drop all classes before the first day of instruction.

Please Note: After instruction begins, students who drop summer classes will owe pro-rated fees based on the date of withdrawal.

Refund regulations for the California State University System are prescribed by the California Code of Regulations, Title V, Section 41802.

CCPE Self-Support Summer Session Refund Schedule:

Session 1: May 30 - July 7, 2017 (S1S)

  • Drop before May 30 (100% - minus $10 processing fee)
  • May 30 – June 5 (75%)
  • June 6 – June 12 (50%)
  • Starting June 13 (0%)

Session 3: July 10 - August 18, 2017 (S3S)

  • Drop before July 10 (100% - minus $10 processing fee)
  • July 10 – July 16 (75%)
  • July 17 – July 23 (50%)
  • Starting July 24 (0%)

Twelve Week Classes: May 30 - August 18, 2017 (SSD)

  • Drop before May 30 (100% - minus $10 processing fee)
  • May 30 – June 5 (75%)
  • June 6 – June 12 (50%)
  • Starting June 13 (0%)

State-Supported Refund Deadlines

(includes Doctorate, Graduate Business Professional and select undergraduate and graduate)
Refund Deadlines Twelve Week Class Session 1 Session 3
Full Refund Deadline May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017 July 9, 2017
Pro-Rata Refund Deadline if you drop ALL of your classes May 30 - July 17 May 30 - July 17 July 10 - August 2

Your Financial Obligations

Regardless of who funds your education, you are personally responsible for making sure that your registration fees and any other fees or charges are paid on time to CSULB. If you do not pay your balance, in addition to canceling your registration requests, the University can authorize the California Franchise Tax Board to deduct your debt from any future state income tax refunds due to you. If the University takes this measure, you will no longer be allowed to write checks to CSULB for any fees or services.

Third Party Fee Payment

A student whose company or organization wishes to be billed for the student's Summer fees must submit an authorization, at BH-155, by the start of the summer session you are enrolled in. Your sponsor must have an active contract for this purpose with the University. Please contact Student Account Services or call (562) 985-8280, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Please contact the Veterans' Affairs Office, Foundation Building, Room 265, Phone: (562) 985-5115, if you have questions or for more information.