Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach

Frequently asked questions about the enrollment deposit

How will the deposit funds be applied?

The deposit will appear as a credit on your student account and will be used to offset a portion of your State University Fee for the first semester.

Who is required to pay the enrollment deposit?

All new freshman and transfer students who do not qualify for a waiver are required to pay a non-refundable enrollment deposit of $150 to secure a place in the class.

Who is not required to pay the enrollment deposit?

Students who qualify for a waiver, returning transfer students, returning students and all post-baccalaureate students are not required to pay the enrollment deposit.

Can I accept admission and pay the enrollment deposit on campus?

Yes. You can pay in-person at Brotman Hall 101 at the Enrollment Services window.

What happens if I don't pay the enrollment deposit?

Accepting admission and paying the deposit secures a place in our class. If you do not submit the acceptance and deposit or approved waiver by the deadlines, there may not be a space left for you. Once the spaces have been filled, CSULB will stop accepting Admission Acceptances. If you have not successfully completed the process by this time, you will not be allowed to enroll at California State University, Long Beach.

Will CSULB accept partial payment?

No. California State University, Long Beach will not accept partial payment of the enrollment deposit. If partial payment is received, the payment will be returned to you.

What happens if I pay the deposit and find out later that I qualified for a waiver?

The enrollment deposit will be held on your student account until other funds are disbursed to cover your first semester charges. At that time, any excess amounts will be refunded to you.

How can I find out if I qualify for a waiver?

When you go on-line to accept your admission, the system will inform you if you qualify for a waiver. You also know you will qualify if:

  • You have received a financial aid letter with a Pell Grant and/or a State University grant and/or a Cal Grant award.
  • You have received a Federal Student Aid Report with an Expected Family Contribution of $5,000 or less listed.
  • You are a candidate for a Presidential Scholar Award or an Athletic Scholarship.

What happens if I decide not to attend CSULB after accepting my admission offer?

Please notify Enrollment Services as soon as possible if you have decided not to attend. If you have already registered for classes, be sure to drop all of your classes. If you were required to pay the enrollment deposit, this amount will be forfeited as the deposit is not refundable. If you choose to consider enrolling at CSULB in the future, you will need to reapply for admission and meet the admission requirements and deadlines at that time.

How can I get help if I still have questions?

For assistance, contact Enrollment Services (Brotman Hall 101) at (562) 985-5471.