In the College of Engineering, advising from the Sophmore year to graduation occurs with the faculty advisor of your chosen major. We suggest you meet regularly with your faculty advisor to ensure you stay on track with your major and degree completion requirements.
What Your Advisor Can Do to Help You
- Major advising
- Assess Degree Progress and Your Timely Graduation Status
- Substitutions and waivers
- Credit/No Credit signatures
- Change of major
Before Meeting With Your Advisor
Follow these simple guidelines so you and your advisor can spend your time more effectively strategizing your career path and assessing your progress:
- Bring an updated copy of your Academic Requirements Report (be sure to click on "Expand All")
- Have a list of questions ready.
- If you are meeting to discuss course selection, review the available classes beforehand on MyCSULB.
- Keep your records all together in one file that you can bring to each meeting with your advisor.