Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
MAE Course Descriptions
ET Course Descriptions
ENGR Course Descriptions
to Hsun-Hu Chen
Research & Publications
Publications since 2000
Including one book, 14 papers and four reports as listed below:
- K. C. Chang, H. H. Chen, T. Tzong and T. Cebeci, “Aeroelastic Analysis of High Lift Configurations,” AIAA Paper 2000-0905, 2000.
- K. C. Chang, H. H. Chen, T. Tzong and T. Cebeci, “Prediction of Aeroelastic Effects of Aircraft Configurations Including High Lift Systems,” presented at 22nd ICAS Conference, Harrogate, UK, Aug. 2000.
- T. Cebeci, F. Johnson, K. C. Chang and H. H. Chen, “An Engineering Approach to the Calculation of Two- and Three-dimensional Flows with Extensive Separation,” presented at 22nd ICAS Conference, Harrogate, UK, Aug. 2000.
- H. H. Chen, “Analytical Drilling Model Development and Simulation,” Final Report submitted to Boeing Company, Nov. 2001.
- H. H. Chen and H. Hefazi, “A Panel Method for Two-Dimensional Nonlinear Free Surface Flows,” presented at the Fourth International Conference on Advances in Fluid Mechanics, Ghent, Belgium, May 15-17, 2002.
- E. Besnard, H. H. Chen, T. Mueller, and J. Garvey, “Design, Manufacturing and Test of a Plug Nozzle Rocket Engine,” AIAA paper 2002-4038, Indianapolis, Indiana, July 2002.
- E. Besnard, J. Garvey, T. Holleman, T. Mueller, H. H. Chen, and H.-P. Chen, “Student Development and Test of a Gimbaled Annular Aerospike Engine,” AIAA Paper 2002-4184, Indianapolis, Indiana, July 2002.
- H. H. Chen, “Dynamic Drilling Tests for C-17 Production,” Final Report submitted to Boeing Company, Nov. 2002.
- T. Atobe and H. H. Chen, “Stability and Transition Analysis of NEXST-1 NLF Wing Model at Mach 2,” AIAA Paper 2003-0971, Reno, Nevada, January 2003.
- T. Cebeci, H. H. Chen, K. C. Chang and J. P. Shao, “Prediction of Transition in Three-Dimensional Incompressible and Compressible Flows,” paper presented at 9th Aerodynamics Symposium, Montréal, Québec, April 28-30, 2003.
- H. H. Chen, H. Hefazi, L.-M. Gea and T. Murayam “Development of Navier-Stokes Method for Nonlinear Free Surface Flow Simulations,” paper presented at NAV 2003 International Conference on Ship and Shipping Research, Palermo, Italy, June 245-27, 2003.
- H. H. Chen, “Drilling Improvement and Burrless Drilling for C-17 Production,” Final Report submitted to Boeing Company, Nov. 2003.
- T. Cebeci, J. P. Shao, H. H. Chen and K. C. Chang, “On the Calculation of Initial Conditions for Parabolized Stability Equations for Predicting Transition,” AIAA Paper 2004-98, Reno, Nevada, Jan. 2004.
- T. Atobe and H. H. Chen, “Three-Dimensional Stability and Transition Analysis of NEXST-1 NLF Wing Model,” Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Fluid Mechanics, Dalian, China, July 20-23, 2004.
- T. Atobe and H. H. Chen, “Characteristics of Wavepacket and Wedge-Shaped Disturbances Propagation in Supersonic Boundary Layer,” paper presented in 24th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS), Yokohama, Japan, Aug. 29 – Sep. 3, 2004.
- T. Cebeci, M. Platzer, H. Chen, K. C. Chang and J. P. Shao, “Analysis of Low Speed Airfoil Flows,” Springer-Verlag, Feb. 2005.
- H. H. Chen, “Numerical Study of Nonlinear Free Surface Flows using a Navier-Stokes Solver,” part of the CCDoTT report, Aug., 2005.
- G. Silva, O. Silvares, E. Zerbini, H. Hefazi, H. Chen, and K. Kaups, “Differential Boundary- Layer Analysis and Runback Water Flow Model Applied to Flow Around Airfoils with Thermal Anti- ice,” AIAA-2009-3967, 1st AIAA Atmospheric and Space Environments Conference, San Antonio, Texas, June 22-25, 2009.
- T. Ladeinde and H. Chen, “Performance Comparison of a Full-Length and a Truncated Aerospike Nozzle” AIAA-2010-6593, 46th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Nashville, TN, July 25-28, 2010.