Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
MAE Course Descriptions
ET Course Descriptions
ENGR Course Descriptions
572. Structural Design Optimization (3)
- Prerequisite: MAE 373 or consent of instructor.
- Structural optimization using calculus of variations. Method of Lagrange multipliers, unconstrained and constrained optimization, fast reanalysis techniques, sequential approximate optimization, sensitivity calculations of structural response, variational sensitivity analysis, approximation techniques, optimal design of laminated composite materials etc.
- (Lecture-Problems 3 hours) Letter grade only (A-F).
View the current course offerings:
Mechanical Engineering (MAE)
Engineering Technology (ET)
Official Program Information
- Links to CSULB catalog and schedule of classes
*Note: although every effort is made to keep this Web site
up to date, you should also consult the printed catalog for official
information and program requirements, which may vary depending on the
year you enter(ed) the program.
Lower Division Course List
Upper Division Course List 300 - 381
Upper Division Course List 408 - 459
Upper Division Course List 465 - 499
ET Lower Division Course List
ET Upper Division Course List