Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
MAE Course Descriptions
ET Course Descriptions
ENGR Course Descriptions
531. Advanced Heat Transfer (3)
- Prerequisites: MAE 431, 501.
- Advanced topics in conduction and convection heat transfer, analytical and numerical solutions to multidimensional heat conduction equations in various geometries. Solutions to laminar and turbulent convective heat transfer problems. External and internal flows, free and forced convection, and mass transfer from external surfaces. Applications in thermal systems design.
- (Lecture-problems 3 hours) Letter grade only (A-F).
View the current course offerings:
Mechanical Engineering (MAE)
Engineering Technology (ET)
Official Program Information
- Links to CSULB catalog and schedule of classes
*Note: although every effort is made to keep this Web site
up to date, you should also consult the printed catalog for official
information and program requirements, which may vary depending on the
year you enter(ed) the program.
Lower Division Course List
Upper Division Course List 300 - 381
Upper Division Course List 408 - 459
Upper Division Course List 465 - 499
ET Lower Division Course List
ET Upper Division Course List