Computer Engineering Educational Objectives & Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
Our students following graduation will be able
- to enter California's high technology workforce, and make significant contributions to Computer Engineering through the research, design and development of a wide range of embedded systems and system-on-chip applications.
- to help further the state's economic growth by developing innovative ideas, and translating them into commercial products that benefit society.
- to function effectively as a team member and/or leader in multidisciplinary and multicultural environments.
- to recognize the societal and global context of their work and to understand professional and ethical responsibilities.
- to pursue lifelong learning through such activities as graduate school, distance education, professional training and membership in professional societies and to be able to adapt to new engineering tools
Student Learning Outcomes:
The Computer Engineering Curriculum is designed so that each student will have demonstrated
the following competencies upon graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering:
- Ability to apply Mathematics, Science and Engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments; as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability
- Ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context
- Recognizing the need and having the ability to engage in lifelong learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Ability to use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice