SQL DBA/Support Analyst - Job Description
- Adsystech Inc.
- Network Operating & Support Center
- 200 Oceangate, Suite 800
- Long Beach, California 90802
- Telephone: (888) 602-2225
- Fax: (562) 436-8419
We are currently looking for a SQL DBA/Support Analyst to join the West Coast Network Operating Center. We are looking for a well-rounded individual with a solid foundation in sql administration working in a web hosting environment. Hands on experience in application hosting and server maintenance in a Windows environment are required. If you thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy working with cutting edge technology, then we want to see your resume. Ability to speak Chineese (Mandarin) a plus.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum of two years experience with MS SQL 2000 in a web based enviroment. The candidate must be proficient in programming in T-SQL using stored procedures, triggers and views. Experience in web hosting and or data center environment. Must have understanding of common protocols such as HTTP(s), SMTP, POP3, DNS, TCP/IP, VLAN. Strong problem solving and decision making skills needed to identify, research, and resolve problems. Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelorís degree (Masters Preferable)in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and two years experience in the field of web hosting and sql development on a Windows platform.
- Database analysis, design and network administration with MCSD or MCSE certification a plus.
- Knowledge of network design, server design, installation and setup.
- Solid knowledge in Windows 2003, IIS6.0 and Component Services is mandatory.
- 2+ years hands-on sql-programming experience in team environments working on multiple-component systems,
strong attention to detail with strong troubleshooting skills.
Essential Job Functions:
Under the direction of the Director of West Coast Operations this position has the responsibility to:
- Administror, design and manage multiple MS 2000(5) SQL databases.
- Supporting and Maintaining Windows based servers and network equipments.
- Assist customers via phone and email in resolving issues related to the installation, functionality,
and usage of our software. Customer Support.
- Assist customers in resolving simple to advanced technical issues by providing detailed and informative responses to their inquiries.
- Develops reporting function and provide guidance regarding changes or modifications to enhance
- Analyze SQL DBase for accuracy and process audit reports.
- Managing SQL backup and server maintenance.
- Researching, developing and testing system-level software.
- Implementing, and supporting enterprise and web-based application.
- Assist other members of Adsystech Development Department in carrying out technical projects
including planning, training, implementing, website maintenance and the installation and setup of
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibility.
- Mature, independent, yet receptive to team participation
- Willing and available to provide on-call, 24/7 support as needed
- Some travel may be required.
- Other duties as required by Management
- MS SQL, T-SQL, SQL Analysier, IIS , Networking
- System environment: Cisco Pix Firewall, Microsoft 2003 Server, SQL server, IIS 6.0, Visual Studio 2003/2005, Terminal Services & Licensing. Proficiency in TCP/IP protocol suite, knowledge of routing protocols, layer 3 and redundancy technologies.
ADSYSTECH IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER