Posting Date: October 11th
Position Title: Information Technology Intern
- Lasting Internships for Tomorrow’s Los Angeles (LIFT L.A.)
- Transportation Foundation of Los Angeles
- 2615 Grand Avenue, Suite 100
- Los Angeles, CA 90007
The intern will be assigned to assist professional staff with providing computer hardware, software and technical support to various divisions within the City of Los Angeles’ Bureau of Street Lighting.Under the direction of a professional systems analyst, the intern will be responsible for the following scope of work duties:
- Supporting PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software (Microsoft Office 2003);
- Monitoring help desk support requests;
- Providing end user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff
- In addition, intern may assist the Web page development, Web content management, AutoCAD support, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) projects and Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) projects.
- Student must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, application software and engineering application (AutoCAD Map, ArcView, SQL Server, etc.).
- Student must have awareness of the PC Industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology.Interested applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.Should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Ability to perform tasks such as providing operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, virus protection and eradication.
- Able to interact effectively with management, staff and other City personnel, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
- Must be currently enrolled as a second semester junior, senior, or graduate student.
- Applicants must be available immediately and willing to commit at least 6 months for a LIFT LA
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average is required.
- Students must provide a resume, a currently unofficial transcript (as proof of good academic standing)
- a 500-word personal statement expressing internship expectations and career interests.
- Pay:$10/HR (15-30 hours per week) Monday-Friday only
- To Apply, Please submit resume, personal statement and unofficial transcript to:
- Transportation Foundation of Los Angeles (TFLA)
- Attn: H.R. Coordinator
- Tel: 213-744-1303Fax: 213-744-1033
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org