2014 ASEE Zone IV Conference
The American Society for Engineering Education Zone IV invites authors to submit abstracts for the 2014 ASEE Zone IV Conference to be held in Long Beach, California on April 24-26, 2014. Prospective authors should submit abstract for the initial review before the full paper submission. The accepted full papers will be published in the refereed online conference proceedings. The instructions and templates for abstract and full paper submission are provided below.
Paper, Workshop, and Poster
- Abstract submittal deadline is November 30, 2013. Notification of abstract acceptance is December 15, 2013.
- Abstracts for papers should clearly indicate whether it is for full paper, poster (for work-in-progress), or workshop. The authors should follow the abstract guidelines or use the following template.
- Authors should submit a 250-500 word abstract in electronic form (.doc, .docx or .pdf).
- To submit an abstract, please click on the link for abstract submission.
- Labeling of the File: The file name must use the following convention:
- For full paper: LastNameFirstInitial_Paper (e.g., SmithJ_Paper).
- For poster: LastNameFirstInitial_Poster (e.g., SmithJ_Poster).
- For workshop: LastNameFirstInitial_Workshop (e.g., SmithJ_Workshop).
If submitting more than one abstract, number the file name as follows: SmithJ_Paper1, SmithJ_Paper2, etc.,
Biographical Information: Biographical information is to be saved in CSULB abstract submission system.
Submission of Draft and Final Paper for Accepted Abstracts (Full paper only)
- Draft paper submission deadline is midnight January 31, 2014. Notification of paper acceptance/changes is February 21, 2014. If accepted, the final paper is due by midnight March 15, 2014.
- Paper should be in MS Word (.doc, or .docx) format following the final paper template.
- Labeling of the File: Name your file as LastNameFirstInitial_FinalPaper (e.g., SmithJ_FinalPaper). If submitting more than one paper, number the file name as follows: SmithJ_FinalPaper1, SmithJ_FinalPaper2, etc.
- To submit the draft paper, please click on the link for draft paper submission.
- To submit your final paper, please click on the link for final paper submission.
- ASEE Zone IV Copyright transfer form. A scanned copy of the signed form (*.pdf or *.jpg) is acceptable. Please label your file name as: Lastname_PaperNumber (e.g Smith_55.pdf). The paper number (for full paper submission) can be found in the final paper notification email.
Sign up to be a Reviewer:
If you are interested in serving as a reviewer for this conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up as a reviewer.
Topics of Interest
- Improving the first two years of engineering curriculum
- Expanding engineering educational pathways
- Enhancing the high-achieving honors student experience
- Multidisciplinary/Interdisciplinary projects/classes
- Inter-institutional collaborations
- Models of Industry/University collaboration & partnership
- K-12 Programs & Engaging future engineering students
- Student engagement, retention, persistence
- Opportunities and approaches for increasing diversity
- Experiential learning, project-based learning
- Professional development for faculty and students
- Teaching Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Leadership
- Collaborative teaching models
- Service learning projects and courses
- Engineering Grand Challenges programs and opportunities
- Innovative pedagogies and uses of current/emerging classroom technologies
- Global and International programs
- Effective methods for distance learning
- Best practices in teaching ethics
- Best practices on program assessment and ABET
- Other specific areas/topics (i.e., simulation/visualization technologies, mobile computing in engineering education, remote access labs, cybersecurity, extracurricular student projects and competitions)