Science & Math Safari to Success
What is Science & Math Safari to Success?
- An orientation program sponsored by the Jensen SAS Center and the CNSM Advising Center in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (CNSM)
- An opportunity to learn how to be a successful students in CNSM
- A chance to learn what programs and opportunities are available in CNSM
- An opportunity to hear about the various Academic Departments in CNSM
- A chance to meet your Academic Advisor
Who can attend?
In addition to student - parents, family members and other guests are invited to attend this program.
When will it take place?
Monday, July 6, 2015 (after placement testing) at 11:00am
What is the cost?
There is no cost to attend the afternoon event.
The Chemistry Placement Test has an registration cost (see below). *Parking is NOT included in the cost. Parking is $5.00 per day in any general campus lot.
Science & Math Safari to Success Registration
Monday, July 6, 2015: Science & Math Safari to Success
Schedule of Events
||Chemistry Placement Test* (CPT) - Check-in at LA5 **Separate Registration for CPT**
||Planning for Success Workshop (separate session for families/guests)
||Lunch (on your own)
||CNSM Overview and Workshop
||Break (snacks provided)
||Presentation on CNSM Academic Departments
||Meet & Greet with Your Pre-Major Advisor
*Placement tests are for students only.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015: CNSM/SOAR Workshop
For Incoming Freshmen:
- New CSULB students are REQUIRED to attend SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration)
- Visit the SOAR website or call (562) 985-5515 for more information. *separate registration process and fee required.
For Parents/Family Members:
- Parents and family members are invited to attend the university's Parent and Family Orientation (PFO)
- Visit the Parent and Family Orientation website or call (562) 985-5458 for more information.
*separate registration process and fee required.
Need a Map?
If you have any questions, please contact the Jensen SAS Center at (562) 985-4682 or you can email Angela.Tuan@csulb.edu.