- PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- COURSE OFFERINGS
- OUR NETWORKS
- INFORMATION REQUESTS
- NEWS & EVENTS
- Contact Us
- M.A. Sport Management
- Long Beach, CA
- 18 months/36 credits
- minimum 2.75
- Statement of Purpose
- Three reference forms
- Proof of GRE scores: minimum 145 quantitative, 145 verbal, 3.5 analytical
- 9 credits
- Minimum 500 contact hours
- Over 400 affiliations
The Graduate Program in Sport Management is accepting application materials for Fall 2015!
Spring Application Deadline Date: June 1, 2015
Master of Arts in Kinesiology, Option: Sport Management
This program is offered in an 18 month accelerated format. Students matriculate in cohorts.
- Each learning team completes 3 sessions.
- Session lasts for 24 weeks (6 months).
- For students entering the program in the Fall, first session starts in August.
- For students entering the program in Spring, the schedule starts in February.
- Each course is offered over an 8 week interval except internship class.
- Students meet 1 night a week plus 2 Saturday four hour sessions, per course, enabling students to maintain full-time positions elsewhere.
- An Internship course is held over 6-month period, and students meet 5 Thursdays and/or Saturday.
- Fees for each course, $1575*
- KIN 591 : Field Studies in Sport Event Management (Internship)
- KIN 521 : Foundations of Sport Management
- KIN 513 : Facility Planning & Personnel Management
- KIN 512 : Legal & Ethical Issues in Sport
- KIN 592A : Sport Management Internship
- KIN 514 : Sport Finance
- KIN 511 : Sport Marketing, Development & Fund Raising
- KIN 511B : Advanced Marketing and Communication Initiatives
- KIN 592A: Sport Management Internship
- KIN 695 : Seminar in Sport Management Literature
- KIN 696 : Research Methods
- KIN 694 : Capstone in Kinesiology
(Please note that this schedule is subject to change)
*Price is standard for Resident and Non-resident students.