LifeFit Center @ The Beach
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840
Phone: (562) 985-2015
|HOURS OF OPERATION|
|Mon - Thurs||8:30am - 7pm|
|Fri||8:30am - 2pm|
|Sat||8:30am - 12pm|
Our next lecture, "Planning For a Healthy & Nutritious Lifestyle: Keys to Success," will be held on Wednesday, March 18 @ 12 pm in our Learning Center. We look forward to learning from star nutrition students Lisa Nguyen, Erin Moore & Jennifer Ratanapratum! Happy Nutrition Month!
The LifeFit Center is in partnership with the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) on campus at LBSU. Together, OLLI and the LifeFit Center share the same passion for lifelong education, health, and wellness. OLLI is sponsored by the College of Health and Human Services. OLLI is a source of widely varied courses of interest to persons 50 years of age or older. For more information about OLLI, please click here.
Jared is our March Team Member of the Month! Jared has been a great addition to the team at the LFC. Jared started out as a Fitness Intern and has progressed to multiple roles in group fitness, personal training, & Strength for Living - he is now leading his very own Cohort - Go Notorious Nine! We are incredibly proud of Jared and his advancement here at LifeFit. Jared values holistic health & wellness, and you can see that in the way he chooses to live his life. Congratulations, Jared!
FIND IT HERE
Cycle 4 Mychal's Spin- & Krank-A-Thon
We are excited to host Cycle 4 Mychal’s for the 2nd year in a row! This event benefits Mychal’s Learning Place in its effort to build self-esteem and independence in adults and children with developmental disabilities. Join us on Saturday, March 21 @ 9 am - 1 pm for a spin- and krank-a-thon that is truly worth doing! All current LifeFit members who participate will be entered to win 1 FREE MONTH OF LFC MEMBERSHIP!
Visit www.mychals.org to register today!
Here is a look at the LifeFit Center's monthly themes for 2014. If you have any ideas or suggestions for activities or speakers at the LFC, please let LFC management know:
January - Goal Setting
February - Healthy Heart
March - Nutrition
April - Exercise Is Medicine
May - Arthritis Awareness
June - Social Wellness
July - Body Composition & Resistance Training
August - Benefits of Outdoor Activity / Water
September - Falls/ Injury Prevention
October - Cancer Awareness
November - Mental Health & Stress Reduction
December - Healthy Holidays
The LifeFit Center is now proud to say that it is officially an Exercise is Medicine on Campus facility.
We at the LifeFit Center are making a commitment to uphold and promote these guiding principles of the Exercise is Medicine on Campus (EIMC) Program.
• Exercise and physical activity are important to health and the prevention and treatment of many chronic diseases.
• More should be done in university and college settings to encourage students to establish lifelong exercise and physical activity habits that have the power to significantly improve the quality of students’ lives.
• Support the American College of Sports Medicine’s (ACSM’s) efforts to bring a greater focus on exercise and physical activity in university and college settings.
Greetings LifeFit Members!
We have chosen Nutrition as our theme for March as it is National Nutrition Month. We have several nutrition related workshops coming up in March & April (details in this newsletter, on flyers, and on our website).
I would like to offer you 5 tips for eating healthfully – remember them by using the acronym MARCH!
1. Make a plan. Plan ahead for your meals during the week. Slice and dice your veggies and fruit in advance. Prep rice or pasta ahead of time. Select recipes to make and do the grocery shopping.
2. Accountability. Ask a family member or friend to eat healthfully with you. Make a commitment to hold one another accountable for making healthy choices.
3. Revel and enjoy! Food is fun! Savor the taste of each bite – take time to enjoy the process of eating.
4. Catch up. Meals are a great opportunity to share in meaningful conversation. Engage your family and friends.
5. Have a snack! Prepare some healthy snacks and have them with you. This will help you manage your hunger levels throughout the day.
Here’s to a healthy month,
Director – LifeFit Center @ The Beach