Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Print this pageAdd this page to your favoritesSelect a font sizeSelect a small fontSelect a medium fontSelect a large font

Part-Time Child Welfare CalSWEC MSW Program

Students eligible to apply for the part-time CalSWEC reimbursement program must be employees of a County Child Welfare Service, County Departments of Social Services, or the California Department of Social Services. All part-time applicants must provide a letter of support from their agency administrator/director. Students participating in the program sign a contract to return to their home agency to render 6 months of continuous and satisfactory full-time employment for each 15 semester units of CalSWEC educational support, at a level appropriate to a new MSW in public child welfare. Once contracted, the student receives full tuition and fees, costs for required books (up to $650 per semester), and a travel allowance. The travel allowance will be determined based on the two-way commuting distance from the student's home or work to the campus and/or fieldwork site and return to that location.

Please Note: All CalSWEC Child Welfare applicants must be admiitted into the MSW 3-Year Program within the Children, Youth and Families Concentration, by the last Friday in June each year.

For further information please see the brochure below:

Child Welfare CalSWEC Contact

Elizabeth Pringle-Hornsby, Ed.D., MSW
CSULB School of Social Work
(562)  985-5652



CalSWEC-CW Field Instructors

Field Education Manual 2016-2017

CalSWEC Curriculum Competencies

CalSWEC-CW Learning Agreement

Comprehensive Skills Eval - 1st Year

CalSWEC-CW Learning Agreement

Comprehensive Skills Eval - 2nd Year

Special Disclosure Notice for All Applicants and Recipients of CSULB Social Work Stipend Programs:

Financial Aid Disclosure Policy for BASW and MSW Students Receiving Stipends, Awards or Scholarships

The School of Social Work will forward information about all students receiving stipends, awards and scholarships to the University’s Financial Aid Office. The information provided by theSchool will include the student’s name, student ID number, source of funds, amount of funds and the semester/time frame of the financial award. Please be aware that this may change all funding students receive, if any, from the Financial Aid Office. Students applying for a stipend, award or scholarship are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office directly to discuss their overall financial aid package.