Awards and Accolades
Vennila Krishnan, PhD, PT
Associate Professor, Physical Therapy
- Ph.D - University of Delaware Biomechanics and Movement Science, 2009
- M.I.T - Manipal University
Information Technology, 2002
- B.P.T - Pondicherry Central University Physical Therapy, 1996
Awards and Honors
- 2011 The Travel Scholarship Award, Progress in Motor Control VIII
- 2008 Travel Award, Department of Kinesiology and Applied Physiology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- 2007 Best Podium Presentation for graduate students, Biomechanics Research Symposium,Newark, DE
- 2007 The Motion Monitor Award for Excellence in Research Design and Execution
- 2007 Northeast American Society of Biomechanics (NE-ASB) College Park, MD
- 2007 Best Poster Presentation Award, Progress in Motor Control VI
- 1996 First Rank Holderin Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Pondicherry University
- Krishnan V, Rosenblatt N, Latash ML, Grabiner MD (2012) The effects of age on stabilization of the mediolateral trajectory of the swing foot. Gait & Posture 2013 (Epub)
- Krishnan V, Kanekar N, Aruin A (2012) Feedforward postural control in individuals with multiple sclerosis during load release. Gait & Posture 36(2):225-30.
- Mohapatra S, Krishnan V, Aruin A (2012) Postural control in response to an external perturbation: effect of altered proprioceptive information. Experimental Brain Research 217(2):197-208.
- Krishnan V, Kanekar N, Aruin A (2012) Anticipatory postural adjustments in individuals with multiple sclerosis. NeuroScience Letters 506(2):256-60.
- Krishnan V, Latash ML, Aruin A (2012) Early and late components of feed-forward postural adjustments to predictable perturbations. Clinical NeuroPhysiology 123(5):1016-26.
- Mohapatra S, Krishnan V, Aruin A (2012) The effect of decreased visual acuity on control of posture. Clinical NeuroPhysiology 123(1):173-82.
- Krishnan V, Aruin A (2011) Postural control in response to perturbation: role of vision and additional support. Experimental Brain Research 212(1):47-63.
- Krishnan V, Aruin A, Latash ML (2011) Two stages and three components of the postural preparation to action. Experimental Brain Research 212(1):47-63
- Krishnan V, Jaric S (2010) Effects of task complexity on coordination of inter-limb and within-limb forces in static bimanual manipulation. Motor Control 14(4): 528-44
- Krishnan V, Jaric S (2008) Hand function in multiple sclerosis: Force coordination in manipulation tasks. Clinical Neurophysiology 119: 2274-2281
- de Freitas PB, Krishnan V, Jaric S (2008) Force coordination in object manipulation. Journal of Human Kinetics 20: 37-51
- Krishnan V, de Freitas PB, Jaric S (2008) Impaired object manipulation in mildly involved individuals with multiple sclerosis. Motor Control 12: 3-20
- de Freitas PB, Markovic G, Krishnan V, Jaric S (2008) Force coordination in static manipulation: Discerning the contribution of muscle synergies and cutaneous afferents. Neuroscience Letters 434: 234-239
- de Freitas PB, Krishnan V, Jaric S (2007) Force coordination in static manipulation tasks: effects of the change in direction and handedness. Experimental Brain Research 183: 487-497
- Freitas P. B, Krishnan V, Jaric S (2007) Elaborate force coordination of precision grip could be generalized to bimanual grasping techniques. Neuroscience Letters 412: 179-184
Office Location: ET Building, Room: 118
Department of Physical Therapy
California State University, Long Beach,
1250 Bellflower Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90840
- Posture & Gait Abnormalities and Rehabilitation
- Motor Control and Motor Disorders
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Movement Performance
- Hand Function
- DPT 705 – Biomechanical Principles
- DPT 735 – Gait
- DPT 797 – Doc Projec