Family Nurse Practitioner Specialty
- NRSG 510 - Advanced Pathophysiology
- NRSG 520 - Advanced Pharmacology
- NRSG 530 & 530L - Advanced Physical Assessment with Lab
- NRSG 540 - Health Care Economics
- NRSG 550 - Human Diversity
- NRSG 560 - Theories and Roles of AP Nursing
- NRSG 596 - Research Methods in Nursing
Clinical Specialty Courses
- NRSG 620, 620A & 620B - Family Theory and Clinical I
- NRSG 621, 621A & 621B - Family Theory and Clinical II
Culminating Event Course -- must choose one of the following
- NRSG 692 - Nursing Directed Project
- NRSG 695 - Professional Literature
- NRSG 698 - Nursing Thesis
(All requirements contained on these pages are superceded by the official information published in the CSULB Catalog of the current academic year. To see an online copy, visit this official university page.)
Proposed Progression of Degree
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred. A bachelor’s degree in a related field will be considered.
- Current California RN license.
- A college level statistics course.
- A physical assessment with lab course within the past 5 years
- An upper division or graduate level course in pathophysiology.
- Community heath with lab course (for non-BSN students)
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate degree.
- A minimum score of 4.0 in the Analytical Writing Component of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), taken within the last 5 years.