A variety of careers opportunities exist in the field of Kinesiology. Because of the multidisciplinary nature of the field, some jobs require additional education or experience. Listed below are some examples of the opportunities available.
Allied Health Professions
• Certified athletic trainer working in secondary schools, colleges and universities, professional sports, sports medicine clinics, hospitals, military, industrial and commercial settings.
• Certified kinesiotherapist working in Veterans’ Affairs Medical Centers, public and private hospitals, sports medicine facilities, rehabilitation facilities, learning disability centers, colleges and universities, and private practice.
Exercise Science and Fitness
• Strength and conditioning coach working in sport performance centers, fitness centers, colleges and universities, professional sports, rehabilitation centers, military facilities.
• Personal trainer, sport club owner and manager, exercise technician, fitness specialist.
• Exercise physiologist working in sports and wellness programs, researcher working in sports medicine and fitness, exercise specialist working in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation settings.
• Biomechanist working in sport and rehabilitation programs; Researcher in sports medicine; sport and fitness product development.
Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE)
• Physical educator working in elementary and secondary public and private schools.
• Adapted physical education specialist working in public and private schools.
• Sport coach working in public school, college, university, and sport performance settings.
• High school athletic administrator.
• Sport coach working in college/university environments and sport performance centers.
• Sport psychologist or mental training consultant.
• Manager of professional and non-profit sports.
• College athletic administrator.
• Sport manager of collegiate, professional, amateur, youth, and non-profit sport.
Various entry-level positions are available for graduates, regardless of academic discipline.