Program Plan: Master of Arts in Kinesiology: Option Individualized Option (36 units):
This option is designed to provide the student with curriculum activities that combine one or more option areas into a program of study. This option is developed by the student with the advisement of a graduate faculty member and/or the Associate Chair for Graduate Studies. A statement of rationale for the proposal must accompany the program of study.
1. Required Course (3 units)
• KIN 696 Research Methods & Statistical Analysis (3);
2. Select A or B (33 units):
• A. Thesis/Project: KIN 698 Thesis/Project (6 units) and complete 27 advisor approved Elective units focused on a specific theme of study.
• B. Pass written and oral portions of Comprehensive Exam and complete 33 advisor-approved Elective units focused on a specific theme of study.
3. Complete at least seventy percent (70%) of the minimum units required for the program of study in courses at the 500 and 600 levels, including double-numbered courses (400/500). At least fifty percent (50%) of the units required for the degree shall be in courses organized primarily for graduate students.
Use this link to apply to the program: