Skip to Local Navigation
Skip to Content
California State University, Long Beach
Health Care Administration Program

Most students pursing the MSHCA degree complete the program in two to three years.  Students may enroll in the MSHCA traditional program as a full or part-time student.  Students enrolled in the accelerated program are enrolled as full-time students.  As noted below, 93% of the accelerated students continuing in fall 2014 completed the program within two years and the remaining 7% are still enrolled in the program.  As noted below, 75% of traditional students continuing in fall 2014 completed the program within two years and the remaining 25% are still enrolled in the program and are expected to graduate spring 2016.  The overall retention rate of the program is 87%.

 

Academic

Year

2011-2012

Number of Students Entering

Fall 2011

Number of Students
Continuing Fall 2012

For those continuing after one year, % Graduate within 2 years 2013

% Retention

(Graduation or Still Enrolled)

% Employed  3 months after graduation

Traditional Students

8

7

88%

88%

75%

Accelerated Students

29

27

93%

93%

100%

Academic

Year

2012-2013

Number of Students Entering

Fall 2012

Number of Students
Continuing Fall 2013

For those continuing after one year, % Graduate within 2 years 2014

% Retention

(Graduation or Still Enrolled)

% Employed  3 months after graduation

Traditional Students

15

12

50%

80%

Accelerated Students

25

20

80%

80%

95%

Academic

Year

2013-2014

Number of Students Entering

Fall 2013

Number of Students
Continuing Fall 2014

For those continuing after one year, % Graduate within 2 years 2015

% Retention

(Graduation or Still Enrolled)

% Employed  3 months after graduation

Traditional Students

17

16

75%

94%

Accelerated Students

31

27

93%

87%

Academic

Year

2014-2015

Number of Students Entering

Fall 2014

Number of Students
Continuing Fall 2015

For those continuing after one year, % Graduate within 2 years 2016

% Retention

(Graduation or Still Enrolled)

% Employed  3 months after graduation

Traditional Students

31

Accelerated Students

28

 

Undergraduate and Graduate Success Rates

http://campus-sas.csulb.edu/IRHTMLRepts/Dept_Web_Page_URL/Healthcare_Adm_Dept_Webpage.htm

Institutional Research and Assessment Graduation Rates

http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/univ_svcs/institutionalresearch/ondemand/index.php?college=hh&dept=7&term=20122&report=enr&plan=90109#degree