The mission of the Hospitality Management program is to meet the needs of the industry and community by preparing individuals to become successful professionals and leaders in a dynamic, multi-cultural, global job market by providing superior education, research, and service.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of operations relative to the provision of goods and services in Hospitality Management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of technology applications in hospitliaty management.
- Examine foundations of leadership and strategic management in the hospitality industry including the applicatin of human resources, marketing, finance, and other business principles.
- Demonstrate effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Acquire knowledge of a global perspective and diversity issues as related to hospitality management.
- Recognize legal and ethical considerations affecting organizations in the hospitality industry.
The Hospitality Management program at CSULB will be recognized as a leader in the development of future professionals in a global hospitality industry through teaching excellence, research, community engagement, and industry partnerships.