Early Registration Deadlines for CRJU 492, 497, and 498
The University's usual registration deadlines do not apply to:
- CRJU 492: Internship
- CRJU 497: Independent Study
- CRJU 498: Senior Thesis
Students must register for these courses two weeks (14 calendar days) prior to the start of a semester.
Thus, even though the add/drop period for classes may still be open for other classes, students seeking to enroll in CRJU 492, 497, or 498 will be prevented from doing so since internships, independent studies, and thesis supervision must be secured in advance of the start of any given semester. Accordingly, students will not be permitted to add CRJU 492, 497, or 498 after the deadline of 14 calendar days in advance of the start of a semester or the first summer session.
- CRJU 492: Internship -- In addition to meeting the 14-day advance registration, students wishing to enroll in CRJU 492 (Internship) must have attended an internship workshop and received clearance to enroll in the internship course from the Internship Coordinator. Press here for more information.
- CRJU 497: Independent Study -- In addition to meeting the 14-day advance registration, students wishing to enroll in CRJU 497 (Independent Study)
need to submit a short (2-3 page) proposal. It must contain:
- The title of the proposed independent study research paper;
- a brief outline of the paper;
- three or four references the submitting student used to assemble the outline; and
- a statement, made under penalty of disciplinary action, that the student has not submitted a paper on the topic to any professor at CSULB.