Registration Date & Time
- Your enrollment appointment is your specific registration date and time.
- Check your enrollment appointment on MyCSULB.
- A registration hold occurs when the university blocks your access to the registration system because you have not met a particular requirement.
- Check and clear any holds on MyCSULB before your registration date.
Use your Academic Requirements Report on MyCSULB to determine your remaining GE and major course requirements. Then access the online Schedule of Classes or the Class Search function available on MyCSULB to select courses.
When selecting courses, pay attention to the following information:
- Choose backup courses in case your preferred class choice is cancelled or fills quickly.
- Some classes are restricted to students in certain majors or minors only.
- You will not be allowed to register unless you have met the course prerequisites or corequisites. Check the Course Description for the class in the University Catalog to view prerequisite/corequisite requirements.
- Some courses require department or instructor consent to register. You must contact the appropriate department or instructor for permission. If the department or instructor allows you to take the coures, they will issue you an electronic permit. A permit does NOT automatically enroll you in the course. You are responsible for registering for the course.
- Remember to validate your courses prior to your registration date.
- Click here for more information about waitlisting courses.
Credit/No Credit (CR/NC)
- Click here for more information about CR/NC and other grading options.
For further assistance, please refer to the step-by-step enrollment guide.