First-year declared Pre-Nursing students
- First-year declared Pre-Nursing students are required to complete Freshmen Fall Mandatory Advising during their first fall semester at CSULB. Students will be emailed in early October with instructions on how to meet this requirement and how to sign up for advising.
Second-year declared Pre-Nursing students
- Second-year declared Pre-Nursing students can set up appointments for individual advising or attend advising during published Pre-Nursing Walk-in/Open Advising hours.
Walk in/Open Advising Instructions:
- In person sign-ups for 10 minute advising sessions begin at 8:15am each morning in ET-237.
- Hours vary daily depending on advisor availability.
- Sign-ups are same day only; sign-ups end once all allotted advising slots are full for the day.
Upcoming Walk in/Open Advising Hours:
- Thursday, September 3rd - 9am to 11am
- Friday, September 4th - 9am to 11am
- Tuesday, September 8th - 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Thursday, September 10th - 10am to 11am
- Monday, September 14th - 9am to 11am
- Tuesday, September 15th - 1:30pm tp 3:00pm
- Thursday, September 17th - 9am to 11am
- Dates/times are subject to change. Check back often for the latest updates and/or schedule changes.
- If necessary, an advisor may schedule an appointment with you to discuss more complex issues.
Students wishing to declare Pre-Nursing
Degree Progress Rules
- Click here for the degree progress rules for Pre-Nursing majors.
Major Specific Declaration Requirements
- Click here for the major specific declaration requirements for the Nursing Basic program.