Academic Advising Information
Academic advising is available for currently matriculated CHHS undergraduate students.
Advisors assist students with comprehensive academic planning for both General Education (GE) and major requirements and help connect students with various support services on campus.
- Students who are currently declared into a CHHS major (not in "pre" standing) may receive advising through individual appointments with a CHHS advisor.
- Declared CHHS majors (except Nursing and Social Work students) MUST bring their major requirements worksheet to receive advising.
- For more information and to schedule an appointment, click here.
- CHHS students who are in "pre-major" status should visit the CHHS Advising office during our open advising hours, listed on our homepage.
- Pre-Nursing students should meet with the Pre-Nursing advisor. Click here for more information.
- First time freshmen are not seen in indvidual appointments. CHHS freshmen are advised in group workshops during both semesters of their first year. Please visit our freshmen fall and spring advising pages for more information.
- New CHHS Transfer AA students must meet with an advisor during their first semester at CSULB to review and sign their contract.
- We recommend all other new CHHS transfer students meet with an advisor regularly. For more information and to schedule an appointment, click here.
- CHHS advisors do not advise graduate students. Graduate students should meet with their department graduate advisor to receive advising.
- Due to personnel and fiscal restraints, we only meet with currently matriculated CSULB students. Please visit our prospective students page for resources and information about attending CSULB.
- We strongly encourage CHHS students to meet with their faculty mentor regularly to discuss their major, internship opportunities, and potential career paths. For a list of faculty advisors for each major, please visit our faculty mentors page.