The Student Center for Professional Development (SCPD) is a bridge between a student’s academic life and career. We focus on helping students develop the professional skills and personal attributes most valued by prospective employers.
The Passport to Success (Passport) is an umbrella program consisting of four distinct programs: Business Professional Certificate (BPC), Community Scholars (CS), Junior Mentoring Program (JMP), and the Corporate Mentoring Program (CMP).
SCPD has been a valuable part of the College of Business Administration for many years. All of our very successful programs have been updated in academic year 2010 - 2011 to meet the changing needs of students entering the workforce in the second decade of the 21st century.
SCPD programs are free. Participation is voluntary and students must meet certain criteria to qualify. Students who participate in our programs have higher graduation rates, are better prepared for the corporate world and generally make more productive and valuable employees.
How to Join SCPD
1) Meet the Eligibility Requirements
2) Log-in to SSO (csulb.okta.com)
3) Click on BeachSync
4) Type SCPD in the search bar and select "CBA Student Center for Professional Development"
5) Click on the Join Now button
6) Complete the Online Application
7) Come to the SCPD Office (CBA-365) to pick up your passport. Be prepared to take a picture.