Past Spring 2011 Events
Fall 2010 Events
- “Inside City Management: A Discussion of the Structure and Practice of Long Beach City Management” - 12/02/10
Rescheduled“The Journey from College Student to CEO” - 11/18/10
- “Veterans in Business: Challenges and Victories” - 11/04/10
- “Remembering Coach John Wooden” - 10/28/10
- “The Business of CSULB Athletics: a Panel Discussion” - 10/14/10
- “Seeking Opportunities in Uncertain Markets” - 10/07/10
- “Overcoming Adversity: The Power of Positivity” - 09/16/10
Spring 2010 Events
- “Negotiating Across Cultures” - 04/27/10
- “Branding 101” - 04/13/10
- “Managing the Millennials” - 04/06/10
- “LEAN Supply Chain Management” - 03/23/10
- “Harnessing the Power of Social Media” - 03/16/10
- “Nonprofit Leadership: Making a Difference by Serving Others” - 03/02/10
- “The New World of Higher Education” - 02/16/10
Seeking Opportunities in Uncertain Markets
Alison Fleming, will discuss the current environment, some periods in history that brought similar volatility, and how investors might best approach the future. She will also discuss the role of a financial advisor and career opportunities in the industry.*
* Investment return and principal value will fluctuate, and it is possible to lose money by investing. Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of a fund carefully before investing. For a prospectus containing this and other information for the mutual funds offered by Waddell & Reed, call your financial advisor or visit us online at www.waddell.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Alison Fleming '91, CFP
Managing Principal, Waddell and Reed
Alison Fleming (first name Patricia) is the Managing Principal. She has been with Waddell & Reed since 1989, and joined the firm as a registered representative. After building her financial planning practice for 3 years, she joined the management team as a District Manager in 1992 and opened the Torrance office in 1994. This office has grown from just three people in 1994 to over thirty advisors and assistants today. Alison holds a Bachelor’s degree in Speech Communication from California State University Long Beach and also holds her Certified Financial Planner ™ certification. She has been the Managing Principal since 1997 and lives in the South Bay with her family.
In 2010 Fleming received GAMA International's International Management Award at the Bronze level. The GAMA International Awards Program is based on sales production and membership. It recognizes leaders in traditional and contemporary field management throughout the financial services industry
In addition to her responsibilities as Managing Principal, Fleming also maintains an active client base and is involved in the local community, serving as Director of Vocational Services for Del Amo Rotary in Torrance, as board member for the Vista Pacifica Homeowner's Association and as a member of the Endowment Committee for St. Peter's by the Sea.
College of Business Administration
California State University, Long Beach
Room CBA 139A
1250 Bellflower Blvd., MS - 8501
Long Beach, California 90840-8306
Visitors to the campus must purchase a parking permit at a yellow kiosk for $5.00.
There is a yellow kiosk located in Lot 15 adjacent to the CBA building.
Please park in the multistory parking structure adjacent to the College of Business Administration building on Merriam Way. Campus Map.
NOTE: After purchasing your permit, you may park in the spaces marked "Employees Only" in Lot 15 after 6:00 p.m.