Major in Operations and Supply Chain Management
Want more information about SCM? Download the brochure.
UPCOMING EVENT: April 30
CSULB’s College of Business Administration and its Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM) Advisory Board proudly present “The Road to Supply Chain Excellence.”
Join professionals, students and faculty in checking out some very cool trucks. Learn about supply chain career opportunities ininformation technology, financial analysis, operations management, planning, marketing and more!
Today’s economy requires fast paced high-functioning supply chain components that work together to ensure harmonious balance and efficiency.This event brings you the following green and smart technologies that are moving cargoes worldwide:
- California Multimodal is providing one of its clean burning LNG Heavy Duty trucks, which moves thousands of containers per year to and from the ports of LA/LB and throughout California rail facilities.
- American Trucking Associations is bringing its 53ft. show trailer with driving simulators, clean burning diesel and highly technological equipment that delivers our cargo safely throughout the country.
- Toyota Motor Corporation is displaying its hydrogen concept car.
- UPS is displaying an alternative fuel powered vehicle from its fleet.
Representatives from the following organizations will be on hand to discuss how Supply Chains support their enterprise and how students can prepare for a rewarding career in this discipline:
- California Multimodal
- CEVA Logistics
- The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- Port of Long Beach
Option in Operations and Supply Chain Management (code MGMTBS02) (120 units)
The Operations and Supply Chain Management curriculum is designed to develop student competence in the conceptual, systematic, and analytical tools required for positions in manufacturing and service-oriented industries. Emphasis is placed on the roles of not only manufacturers and suppliers but also other supply chain participants, such as transporters, retailers, warehouses, and customers. The curriculum covers all functions involved in receiving and filling a customer request – functions including, but not limited to, new product development, operations, distribution, finance, marketing, and customer service.
Operations and Supply Chain Management Undergraduate Program
- SCM 411: Operations Planning and Control
- SCM 414: Supply Chain Management
Select 12 units from the following:
- MGMT 412: Production Control
- MGMT 413: Managing Quality for Productivity
- MGMT 430: Project Management
- MGMT 454: Organization Theory
- MGMT 455: Managerial Decision Making Processes
- MGMT 456: Service Management
- SCM 410: Logistics Management