The Daytime Accelerated MBA includes a one-week trip. To prepare for the trip, student teams spend class time leading up to the trip researching specific industries, cultural characteristics, and political events relevant to international business in the region. During the trip students engage in lively case discussions on topics ranging from the financial crisis to entrepreneurial activities.
Rome and Milan, Italy:
- Increased business knowledge with organizational visits to small entrepreneurial businesses focused on innovation such as AlterEquo, Tabarrini Winery, APCO Foods, Ococco Coconut Water as well as larger companies such as Cisco-Europe.
- Focus of these visits was to learn about their entrepreneurial ventures and innovation strategies within the EU and Italian legal/regulatory frameworks, business environment, consumer trends, etc.
- Visits to StartUp Chile, which is the national incubator that fosters innovation and entrepreneurial ventures in Chile. Students learn about different incubator models that host, accelerate, cultivate and enable bright young innovators from around the world to work in a creative, co-working environment.
- Focus of several visits to wineries helps students learn how small family wineries can be competitive in a growing global wine market.
- Took part in learning activities through presentations and site visit to Syngenta. We learned how a large global company like Syngenta works with small family entrepreneurial farms to provide support through agricultural innovation.
- Experienced sustainable art through the innovative, entrepreneurial venture that created Factum Arte in Madrid.
- Increased entrepreneurial business knowledge through interactions with owners at Inapa Paper.
- Comparative case analysis of sustainability strategies to develop new innovations by the Port of Lisbon and the Port of Long Beach.
Lima and Cusco, Peru:
- Visits to StartUp Peru, which is the national incubator that fosters innovation and entrepreneurial ventures in Peru. Students learn about different incubator models that host, accelerate, cultivate and enable bright young innovators from around the world to work in a creative, co-working environment.
- Learn how a small entrepreneurial family agribusiness (Algarrobos Organicos) works with a state trade organization to develop their Fairtrade products. Algarrobos Organicos partners with local farmers to export indigenous farm products from the Amazonian region of Peru.