Daytime Accelerated MBA
Focus on Entrepreneurship
“The diverse backgrounds, international experience, and heightened educational offerings of the AMBA Program at CSULB have been a great fit for me. Being a member of AMBA 11 has enabled me to grow quickly and successfully adapt to the every-changing business environment that surrounds me.” Richard Spiese, Class of 2016
What makes the Accelerated Daytime MBA Program different?
- Learn how to be an entrepreneur in a competitive environment by working with Innovation Challenge teams in our Alumni-led Incubator
- Learn how to write business plans for entrepreneurial ventures.
- Learn how to address societal problems by working with entrepreneurs
- Learn how entrepreneurship flourishes in the global business environment through our international trip.
- Integrate entrepreneurship into your career and start your own company
This accelerated program is offered Monday through Friday during the daytime for 18 months.
The program includes a three-unit, mandatory international trip where students work with local businesses that face critical international issues. Please see here for our policy about attendance of the trip
- Professional Development Workshop 1 – 15 hours (Fall)
- Professional Development Workshop 2 – 10 hours (Winter)
- Professional Development Workshop 3 – 20 hours (Spring)
- All books and class materials
- Campus parking
- Some meals
- Expenses of international trip once in-country (student pays for airline ticket to and from country)
- Three day program orientation
- Graduate Career Services
Students are required to participate in a three-day orientation at the Marriott Courtyard in Long Beach. The focus of the orientation is to prepare the student to work in teams, master the Harvard case discussion method, and begin the preparation for their career post-graduation. During the orientation, students get to know faculty, fellow students and alumni of the program and begin to work as teams.
Career planning and management are an important benefit of the Daytime Accelerated MBA. Students begin their career planning after they have been admitted and support continues for up to a year after graduation. Students work with a graduate career advisor on identifying career goals and developing a job search strategy, as well as resume writing, interviewing, and other important career skills.
New Daytime Accelerated MBA cohorts begin every Fall semester. Applications are being accepted until May 31 for domestic applicants and April 1 for international applicants.