Department of Marketing
The College of Business Administration (CBA) at California State University, Long Beach is a teaching and learning community that offers a diverse student body an environment to foster individual engagement, scholarly and creative achievement, civic participation, and global perspectives.
Consistent with those college goals, the Department of Marketing includes a talented faculty, committed to excellence in teaching and research that advances business practice and scientific understanding. Serving about 680 program majors, more than 110 pre-business majors, and about 240 additional program minors, the Department provides a wide range of course opportunities, relevant to today’s dynamic, global business environment. Whether talking about the more traditional areas (e.g., advertising, new product development, marketing research) or more recent phenomena (e.g., Internet & digital marketing), faculty aim to provide a current approach that reflects the constantly changing international business environment.
The American Marketing Association provides students with a variety of opportunities that enhance the academic components of the college experience.
Download our brochure for an introduction to our department and programs.
Department of Marketing News
- Students provide Cost Savings and Feasibility Study for Sustainable Living supporting local residents in Long Beach as a Team project.
- Monitoring Local Small Businesses
- The Department of Marketing Recognized for “High Achievement in Student Success” and “Improvement in Student Success” (April 2014)
- Marketing Faculty Join Other CBA Faculty to Teach Sustainabilty & the Business Organization
- American Marketing Association Wins Awards at Annual Conference