Inside the 2Q/2016 Monitor
Small Business and Digital Marketing
To meet the needs of today’s “wired” consumers, small business must be online and have an integrated Internet, social media and mobile presence. Indeed, in a recent survey, almost all (97%) of California consumers say they go online first to check out the products and services offered by local small businesses before heading out to the stores.
Just how is Long Beach Small Business doing in reaching consumers online? Results from our latest CSULB-CBA Small Business Monitor survey shows significant improvements in digital media and marketing over the past several years, though many small businesses still struggle with getting online and maintaining a digital marketing presence.
Community & Group Presentations
Click on the link to get more information about the LB Small Business Monitor. You may also contact us to schedule a personalized presentation for your community or business group by a CSULB Business Professor.
What’s changed most in the past two years has been growth in the percentage of small businesses using social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for marketing and advertising.
How Are LB Small Businesses Managing Digital Marketing Today?
What Are the Problems in Using Digital Media and Marketing?
How Do Long Beach Small Businesses Use Digital Media?
- 2016 Q1 - Small Business Expectations Index 2015
- 2015 Q4 - Small Business and the Affordable Care Act Year 3
- 2015 Q3 - City Gov’t Job Performance Scorecard.
- 2015 Q2 - What Does Small Business Need to Succeed.
- 2015 Q1 - Small Business Expectations Index 2015
- Summer 2014 - Struggles with Online Marketing
- Spring 2014 - Long Beach Small Business and the Affordable Care Act.
- Winter 2014 - Small Business Expectations Index
- Summer 2013: Small Business Ratings of Local Government Job Performance
- Spring 2013: Small Business Expectations for 2013
- Winter 2013: Good time to open a small business in Long Beach
- Summer 2012: Small Business Rates Local Government
- Spring 2012: Small Business Expectations for 2012
- Winter 2012: Small Business Performance in 2012