Dean’s Update, January 24, 2012
Art Levine Honored by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
On Friday, January 13, Legal Studies of Business Professor Art Levine was presented with a 2011 Public Service Counsel of the year Award by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel at its 7th Annual Counsel of the Year Awards Luncheon. Formed in late 2005, AMEC is designed to support the career development and honor the achievements of in-house counsel and business affairs attorneys at major entertainment and media companies.
Nominated by AMEC co-founder and Cal State Long Beach alumnus Arnold Peter, Art received the award for his long-standing work with our Law Society. The Law Society was founded in September 1975 to provide pre-law students with the information they need to make an intelligent choice about law schools as well as to generally stimulate an interest in law on campus. Mr. Peter nominated Art, in addition to his Law Society work, because of the impact that Art’s teaching had on Mr. Peter. Congratulations, Professor Levine!
In This Issue
- International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition Strong in 2012
- Ukleja Center and Long Beach Chamber to Feature Pat Haden at Leading the Ethical Organization Seminar on March 29
- CBA Accreditation Team Attends AACSB Seminars
- Accountancy Faculty Visit Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt
- Finance Department Hires New Tenure Track Faculty Member
- Global Investment Research Challenge Organized by Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Art Levine Honored by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- Enrollment Update
- SCPD Mentor Event Update
- Building Improvements