Dean’s Update, January 24, 2012
Accountancy Faculty Visit Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt
On Friday, January 20, many of our Accountancy faculty and I met for lunch in the downtown Long Beach offices of Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt. HCVT is the largest CPA firm headquartered in Southern California. For the sixth year in a row, HCVT has received the “Best of the Best” award by INSIDE Public Accounting and is rated by IPA as the 4th Best Managed Firm in the U.S.
Hosted by HCVT partners Blake Christian (CBA alumnus and Partner-in-charge of HCVT’s Long Beach office) and Victor Gonzales, the lunch meeting included Steve Fisher, Herb Hunt, Sudha Krishnan, John Lacey, Ping Lin, Praveen Sinha, Rod Smith, and me. The main topic was to let our students know that HCVT is an excellent firm that would be an excellent career choice for some of our students. The discussion also allowed our faculty and the HCVT team to learn more about one another (the love of teaching cost accounting was brought up!) and better understand the differences between academia and the professional world. Good connections were made and the conversation laid a foundation for more interaction in the future. Meeting face-to-face was an important part of solidifying the connections and I thank the Accountancy faculty for attending the lunch meeting.
In This Issue
- International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition Strong in 2012
- Ukleja Center and Long Beach Chamber to Feature Pat Haden at Leading the Ethical Organization Seminar on March 29
- CBA Accreditation Team Attends AACSB Seminars
- Accountancy Faculty Visit Holthouse Carlin & Van Trigt
- Finance Department Hires New Tenure Track Faculty Member
- Global Investment Research Challenge Organized by Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Art Levine Honored by the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- Enrollment Update
- SCPD Mentor Event Update
- Building Improvements