Dean’s Update, December 16, 2011
Robert Chi has been very active and busy with accreditation efforts this semester. His contributions include:
- The CBA AACSB web site is fully functional: http://www.csulb.edu/colleges/cba/aacsb/. Features include AQ/PQ definition, AACSB standard and reports, Participating/Supporting faculty definitions, AACSB standard and reports, core course council information, meeting minutes, assessment schedule and instructional video for assessment, journal ranking information, faculty publication records, and CBA research colloquia schedule and presentations
- More than 80 faculty members attended the first semester of CBA research Colloquia. Five presentations were made by faculty from each of our five departments. A few joint research projects have been developed among faculty from different departments as a result of the presentations.
- The Dean’s office will offer workshops on teaching effectiveness and learning assurance to improve the participation of faculty and provide good learning experiences to our students. The workshops will be held in February and March 2012; details will follow.
- The IC task force has been updating journal ranking and has been considering procedures and monetary incentives for faculty with journal publications.
- The Dean’s office is working with Universities in other countries to develop 2+2 programs and other executive training programs to provide CBA faculty with more teaching opportunities on campus and overseas.
In This Issue
- CBA Alumni & Friends Network Attends Men’s Basketball Game
- CBA Wins Chick-Fil-A Shootout at Basketball Game with BYU-Hawaii
- CBA Alumni & Friends Finishes a Strong 2011
- SCPD Passport to Success off to a Good Start
- ABSOC Update
- Ukleja Center Keeping Busy
- AASCB Update
- HRM Advisory Board Update
- Other Items in Brief