Dean's Update, December 20, 2013
Ethics at The Beach Student Seminar
The Ukleja Center partnered with ABSOC and SCPD to offer the 8th annual Ethics at The Beach seminar for students on November 1. Over 200 students attended the half-day workshop featuring Aaron Beam, former CFO of HealthSouth Corporation, and Richard Strozzi-Heckler, Ph.D., President of Strozzi Institute, as speakers.
Mr. Beam gave a powerful presentation on the pitfalls of unethical business practices. Dr. Strozzi-Heckler, one of the Ukleja Center’s William Dickson Faculty Fellows, shared somatic leadership practices to help students center themselves in stressful situations. Many thanks to the event sponsors – Target, ASI, and County of Los Angeles Supervisor Don Knabe – for their ongoing support!
Over 200 students from disciplines across campus attended Ethics at The Beach
In This Issue
- AACSB Report Sent to Peer Review Team
- Ukleja Center to feature PIMCO’s Mohamed El-Erian on February 27
- Faculty Qualifications Task Force Ready to Work in Spring Semester
- Ethics Across the Curriculum Winners Announced
- Master of Science Proposals Update
- Ethics at The Beach Student Seminar
- SMIF Students Take First Place
- SCPD and Molina Healthcare Internship Program Update
- Enrollment Update for Spring Semester 2014
- Fall 2013 CBA Classrooms Survey