Dean’s Update, December 19, 2012
Ukleja Center’s Ethics Across the Curriculum Winners Announced
The Ethics Across the Curriculum program committee, sponsored by the Ukleja Center for Ethical Leadership and chaired by Professor Kathleen Lacey, has selected its award recipients for 2012-2013. The Ukleja Center offers this initiative annually to financially support the infusion of ethics and ethical leadership in undergraduate and graduate courses throughout the university. CSULB faculty members are invited to apply for teaching stipends each fall.
This year’s recipients are:
- Cesar Abarca – Ethics in Community Practice (Social Work)
- Gary Hytrek – Workers’ Rights as Human Rights: Ethics and Fairness in the Workplace (Sociology)
- Christopher Karadjov – Breaking the Silence: Reporting on Disability (Journalism and Mass Communication)
- Dana McDaniel – The Ethical Management of Human Resources: Integrating Ethics into HRM 600 (Management and Human Resource Management)
- Jennifer Ostergren – Ethics and Speech-Language Pathology Assistants: Consensus Building in Real-World Applications (Communicative Disorders)
The entire pool of applicants submitted meritorious proposals, so our congratulations go to the award recipients on a superlative submission.
To honor the recipients, there will be a luncheon in the spring at which the award winners will share the concepts they have developed for the inclusion of ethical material in the courses they teach. In addition to celebrating with our generous donors, the lunch will include the Deans of the recipients’ colleges and our dedicated review committee. We have a lot to celebrate!
In This Issue
- AACSB Updates
- Outreach: Recruiting Students
- SCPD October Retreat
- CBA Students Participate in University Case Study Initiative Sponsored by Boeing
- Ukleja Center's Ethics Across the Curriculum Winners Announced
- Ethics at The Beach Student Seminar
- CBA Alumni & Friends Held Homecoming Week Event on Campus